Sometimes preparing for your Maryland hardwood floors to be installed can seem intimidating, but as long as your equipped with a plan, you will be alright! Here are the steps you need to take in order to prepare your home for the installation.
1. Move your valuables and any breakables or electronics (includes washer and dryer and kitchen appliances) to an area outside of our work zone.
2. Remove paintings, mirrors and any thing hanging from the wall including light fixtures and glass globes in, adjacent to, and above and below work zone
3. Make certain your pets are in a secure area of the house, or away. Danzco Hardwood Flooring will not be responsible if your pet escapes.
4. Although most cutting takes place outside of your home, some cutting, such as the undercutting of door jambs, or removal of existing flooring must be done inside. This may create dust during the installation.
5. We will need access to a 220 volt receptacle for our sanding equipment. These receptacles are commonly used for dryers and ovens. We ask that these areas be made
available to us even if work is not going to be completed in those rooms.
6. Customer to move toilet and/or sink out prior to start of job. Customer to put toilet and/or sink back after completion of job. Water line(s) to be disconnected by others prior to start of job and reconnected by others after completion of job. Toilet and/or sink do not have to be removed and/or disconnected with the sanding and finishing process only with installation.
7. Danzco is not responsible for gas line to stove and/or water line to ice maker and/or dishwasher. Gas line and/or water line(s) to be disconnected by others prior to start of job and reconnected by others after completion of job. Danzco is not responsible for replacement of any lines to refrigerator and/or stove, if any lines need to be replaced they must be replaced by others.
Note: We will do all that we can to keep a safe environment while working in your home, but we ask for your assistance with keeping children and pets away from the work areas due to the sharp objects and power tools we must use.